Wayne was born and raised in South Africa. He travelled to the U.S. as an international student in 1999 where he completed his bachelor’s degree in sociology. Upon graduation, he moved to Shanghai to teach English to kindergarten children. One and a half years later, Wayne moved back to the U.S. on an H1-B visa to work full-time as the international marketing director at a university in Texas. During his three years in this role, he travelled extensively throughout East Asia, meeting with leaders at international and bilingual schools, universities, and government organizations to facilitate partnerships through MOUs, etc.
In 2007, Wayne completed his master’s degree in educational leadership, with Texas principal certification. Since then, he has been a teacher, an instructional coach, and a principal in Dallas, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
Wayne is currently a full-time doctoral student. He plans to complete his dissertation mid-2021. The dissertation is focused on leadership within international and bilingual schools in mainland China, Hong Kong, and the United Arab Emirates.
Wayne is married to Misty, a fellow international educator. They have two children; one in primary school and one in middle school.
- Helping schools create sustainable competitive advantage.
- Guiding school owners and boards through the process of measuring their school’s organizational performance and/or market performance.
- Assisting owners, boards, and school leaders in their efforts to improve employee satisfaction.
- Training school leaders how to measure and develop their own style/s of leadership and/or the leadership style/s of other senior leadership team members.
- Advising schools and school leaders as they develop a positive and collaborative school culture that is driven-by-data.